Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Weekend

We had a really fun Easter weekend. The kids only had Friday off so we didn't go anywhere, but we had some fun at home. First thing we did is Thursday night we went to the city Easter egg hunt. I didn't take any pictures, but the kids had fun. I was worried because Melanie had to go find the eggs on her own and she doesn't like to do stuff on her own so I prepped her for it. Okay, I didn't have to worry at all. She was on it. She was at the head of the crowd just picking up eggs as fast as she could. It was pretty cute. Then we went and watched Ryan hunt and he did a great job too. We didn't win any prizes, but they did give us free Chick-fil-a coupons and McDonald's ice cream coupons so we went and used both.

This was a hairstyle that didn't come out as good as I had envisioned so we didn't use it for Easter Sunday. It was supposed to be a basket weave.Friday we decided to go rock climbing again. I took the kids and then Ryan & Jill each brought a friend. Mellie even got brave enough to put on a harness and climb a good two feet off the ground this time :) We'll keep trying, we'll get her to the top of a wall in no time. Here I am belaying her. Her favorite part is when she lets go and gets to swing for a minute. Not my favorite part as I weigh a lot more than her and the harness isn't as comfy for me!!

Here I am almost to the top of this wall. I can get to the top of several walls, but this one has a slight slant and I can't seem to get all the way. I'll keep trying though.
Last week Ryan only ever got about halfway up. This time he was determined. He found an auto-belay wall and he just kept at it until he conquered it.
Here is Mel in her gear.
Jill is really great at this. Her long arms and legs and lightweight body make for a good climbing combo. Although I can get to the top of more walls. (Yes there is some competition there :)
Saturday morning was the church Easter egg hunt. I barely saw Mellie since she raced around getting the eggs faster than I could even get outside. Someone got a picture of her in action. She has got this easter hunt thing down!!
Saturday was also Mark's birthday. He didn't want anything but to go out to dinner. Easy for me, so we went to Lawry's, one of our favorite spots to eat. Had a wonderful meal. I ate way too much, but it was soooooo good and it never tastes as good as leftovers. The only other thing he wanted was a Costco cake, so I got that too. I gave as much of it as I could to all the kids over the house this weekend, but there is still tons left in my fridge and freezer. I swear every time we get one of those I gain 5 pounds!!

Then Sunday morning the Easter bunny visited our home and another Easter egg hunt was on. I couldn't get pictures of anyone because they were moving so fast. Here is one I sorta got of Mellie. Ryan was in his underwear and Jill in her pajamas so I won't post those pics.


Then I got the kids ready for church and wanted to get a picture of Mellie all dressed up as she is the only one I remembered to buy Easter clothes for. She would not cooperate and Ryan kept jumping in. I was so frustrated so here is what I got.

Finally a decent shot of Mel. She was mad at her hair, mad at her dress, but eventually she decided she was beautiful.
After church we went to our friends house who cooks an amazing Easter dinner every year. And the kids got yet another egg hunt. They were letting Mellie and a couple other little kids get a head start on the egg hunt and I said if you want the big kids to get any eggs you might want to let them go. After seeing Mellie's easter egg hunt abilities this weekend.

So after 4 hunts, rock climbing, sleep overs, birthday, church, lots of good food and too much candy we had a great weekend. Bummer we had to get back to reality on Monday.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Wow, looks like you all had a lot of fun, even Mark! :)
I am really impressed with all the cute things you do with Melanie's hair. I can do one pony tail, 2 small pony tails, and a sort of pony tail twist that a neighbor taught me. That's all I have in my repetoire. Braids? Maybe I'll master those someday. :)

Holly said...

Happy birthday to Mark! That is a busy weekend! Melanie looks so grown up in her Easter outfit.