Sunday, December 14, 2008

Getting ready for Christmas

December is of course a very busy time of year for everyone. I was in charge of the Christmas party at church and decided to grab everyone to get a picture with Santa before he left. We haven't had a family picture made in a long time and while this isn't perfect, at least we are all in the same picture. I have more Santa pictures with the kids I'll have to post later. We have been seeing Santa every where we go this year. This is the first time Mellie has willingly sat on Santa's lap. Her request for Christmas has been a Webkinz or Littlest pet shop. Ryan wants 5 seconds off his backstroke. Santa isn't sure he can deliver that one, but he said he would sure try.

Last night we got to go to the Living Nativity that they always have at the church where Melanie went to preschool. We go every year and it's really nicely done. I think the kids go for the hot chocolate and cookies, but at least we get them there. We also went around and looked at Christmas lights. At the fire station they have a wonderful setup with the lights going with music. That seems to be getting popular as some houses have it also. Ryan is going to do our lights next year and seems to think he can do that for me. We will see what actually happens. It looks really expensive and hard to do :)

Today I made everyone wear their Christmas clothes to church since we will be driving next Sunday. I had bought a dress for Mellie that was brown and pink and so I made everyone match. (I compromised with Jill, she wore brown and cream, no pink for her). We got a lot of good comments and everyone thought we were pretty cute :) We will have a nice picture made on our trip and post it in January. My family was a good sport about matching. It helps when most of the family just will put on what you set out. Ryan did love his new suit though and he looks very handsome.


No comments: