Since we will not be here for Christmas and we cannot take many presents with us we decided to open our gifts last night. It was the only night before we leave that we had free. So here is our fun Christmas Evening, but first a couple Santa pictures from earlier in the month. I'm so excited that Mellie isn't scared of Santa anymore.


Here is our ghetto (as Jill would say it) Christmas tree. It never did get very many decorations. This is the before picture.

And this is the after. Not nearly as much as usual, but we scaled way back on gifts this year and it was sooo much better. Everyone just got what they really wanted.

I had put the presents out while the kids were in school and it about killed Melanie to have to wait until after dinner to open them. She was looking at each one and seeing who the big one was for. I found her way in the back of the tree. She had it all figured out!! Also the presents were not a welcome sight to Sunshine since she wasn't allowed to sleep under the tree while they were there. She was all out of sorts yesterday :)

Here is Mellie getting ready to open the first present. She had been eyeing this wrapping paper because she loves kitties. I got a full report of everything that was on the wrapping paper and what could the gift be. When she opened it she said, "Oh wow, this is a book about stuff!"

Here is Mark opening a present. His favorite present was the book about places to take kids. Once he opened that we lost his attention!! I think he will try and get us to every place in that book that we haven't already been.

Here is Ryan looking at his super cool life sized book about sharks and other things. This was a perfect book for him to read with his dad. Mark is always saying that animals will bite your leg off and this is full of animals that will do that. Ryan was amazed that Uncle Ben knew that he would like the skateboarding book and DVD. He already watched the DVD. He is sick right now, but as soon as he gets better he'll be trying the tricks on his skateboard.

Jill was loving all the gift cards she got. You could tell she was a little sad for a minute that she didn't have anything she could play with, but then she counted up all the money she got and is excited to go shopping. It's a hard transition to not being a little kid anymore. I know I still like to play with the kids toys when they get them. But she will get a whole new wardrobe and I told her she could go shopping with a friend instead of me and she was way happy about that :)

Mellie was so cute, when she found out what was in this package she could not get it open fast enough. She was so excited to get the growing dog from Grandma Porter. I thought she was going to hyperventilate from all the excitement. She loves this dog. It says her name and she was able to name it Fifi. And every day it grows. She got up this morning to see if it grew more, but we have to wait 24 hours so it will grow more tonight. She also got a new pink DS, I had traded in her gameboy for it a month ago and she has been looking all over the house for her "lost" gameboy. She was very excited and is making me take her to Wal-mart to use the giftcard from Grandma Petersen to go buy games today right after school.

She tried to take Fifi to school today, but I wouldn't let her. It's a rather large dog. She's not happy that I won't let her take it on vacation either :) It's just too big and it's going to grow 3 more times. She's really excited that you get to make it small again so it can grow all over again.

We had a very nice Christmas and we are very grateful for all the wonderful gifts that the Grandma's and Aunts & Uncles sent. Thank you and if I don't have time to post again have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
No comments:
Post a Comment