Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!

We just got back from a wonderful trip which I will blog about later this week. I'm under mounds of laundry and other stuff, but am having a wonderful birthday so far. I feel great, I worked out today, my kids are back in school so the house is fairly quiet and all is good :) I'm just in a great mood and am reflecting about many things that I am grateful for. Here are a few random thoughts going around in my head.

1. I have a wonderful husband and great children. We have so much fun together on vacation. It's rainy and hovering around freezing today and my first thought was great, the kids can stay home and we can have another day together.

2. When I say I have no food in the house, I have more food than many of the incredibly poor people we saw on our trip. I am so grateful that I can just go to the grocery store, put whatever I want in my cart, pay for it and take it home. I always take that for granted and even complain that my grocery stores are not nice enough, but what a blessing it is to live in this country and have the things we have.

3. I love that I have so many friends. It's been fun today to get everyone's greetings. I love facebook for that. I know last year when I wanted to go out to dinner with a few of my friends for my birthday I ended up inviting over 40 because I have so many people that I care about. Even better almost half were able to come with very short notice. I feel very loved and am grateful for all the people that love me.

4. I'm grateful that I am healthy. It felt so good to go to the gym this morning and be able to work out and feel amazing while doing it. I only gained about 2 pounds on vacation which is amazing considering how much food they feed you on the cruise ships.

5. I so glad that I can go to the church of my choosing, worship as I please and that I have a Heavenly Father that listens to my prayers and loves me dearly.

So enough of the musing for the day. I'm just loving this day even though it is very cold and rainy :) But I now have plenty of groceries and don't have to leave the house again until it's time to get the kids. I get to take a nice warm (hopefully, leave that for another post :) shower and have a wonderful birthday. Thanks to all who have thought of me and know I am thinking of each and every one of you today.

No comments: