Monday, February 2, 2009

Just Stuff

Not much has been happening lately, which is a good thing :) but I thought I would go through my pictures and see if there was anything interesting to post. I don't know if it's interesting, but here is what we have been doing the last couple weeks. Melanie got a late Christmas present from Dave & Olesja. She was sooooo excited. It was a rolling bag which she proclaimed that she has always wanted. She immediately decided it was going to school with her so she packed it full of her one small folder that she takes to school. It is so overkill, but it makes her happy. She just couldn't stop talking about how she was going to be the first one in her class to have a rolly bag and how all her friends were going to love it.

Here she is ready to go to school with her bag. Sometimes we pack a lunch so there is something else to put in this bag. The first day she brought it when I picked her up from school she wanted to know if we could walk home, which she never wants to do. When I asked why it was so she could drag the bag behind her all the way home. She is already planning her next cruise and what she could pack in her bag. What a perfect gift and I didn't even know it was something she wanted. Thanks Dave & Olesja.
Ryan wanted his picture taken that same morning too so here he is ready to go to school. His backpack weighs a ton, he is the one who needs a rolly bag!!
Last Saturday we had the pinewood derby race. We also had a swim meet, but we skipped it since this was Ryan's last pinewood derby. His car is the bullet train. He got 3rd place which was incredible since we did the car last minute and didn't put much effort into it. He did far better than a lot of boys who worked really hard on their cars. We have decided that the just put it together and get it done approach works great because he has gotten a trophy every year.
This year Mellie really wanted to have a car to race and so here is hers. I think she got about 6th place which is much more than I expected also since we certainly didn't go for aerodynamics. In fact the wheels didn't even all touch the ground, but I didn't want Mark to fix it because it might wreck the paint job ; ) She got the award for car that makes you want to smile.
Here are some hair pictures we did recently. This one got a lot of fun comments.

Last Tuesday and Wednesday we had snowdays. I have no idea why on Tuesday because there wan't a drop of snow or ice and it never even got below freezing, but on Wed. there was a layer of ice. Ryan ran out to play and while I was in my closet doing something Mellie came in the bathroom to ask if she could go out and play. I was hesitant because I had no idea where all her warm clothes were and when I came out this is what I saw. She had found her boots, hat, mittens and got them all on herself and was ready to go play. It's absolutely amazing how she was able to dress herself in all this attire, but to get her clothes on for school is almost impossible!
So there is what we have been doing lately. Like I said, nothing exciting, but that is when you can enjoy life the most sometimes. I'm grateful for those quiet weeks.

No comments: