Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Loving me some Swine Flu

So last week the kids got out of school for the Swine flu. It turned out to be a great week. On Monday we went rock climbing...I'll spare you the pictures because they pretty much look the same. On Tuesday we rented movies and just hung out. Then Tuesday evening we found out that school would be back in session on Thursday. We were thinking of going out of town...but now thought we couldn't. Then we found out that if the kids missed it would be an excused absence so the final decision was Mark and the kids would go to Galveston and I would stay home alone.

Mark and the kids went to the beach, an Astros game and two days at Schlitterbahn. I on the other hand had the most wonderfully quiet weekend I have ever had. I made a purse and a baby blanket, watched tv, worked a little bit, enjoyed the sun, didn't cook, the house stayed clean. It was wonderful. I realized on Sat. that I had eaten nothing but cereal and eggs the whole weekend, but loved that I wasn't cooking for everyone.

When they came home I had 4 lobsters. All that time in the sun got them severely sunburned. But they had a great time as did I. Unfortunately we are back to school now, but only 4 more weeks til summer. I'll take the swine flu anyday if it was always like this.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Wow, a swine flu vacation. It's nice the kids don't have to make up those days!