Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving week

We had a nice relaxing Thanksgiving week. The kids went to school Monday and 1/2 of Tuesday. They usually have the whole week off, but not this year. Jill was sick on Tuesday so she only went on Monday. Wed. night we went to Medieval Times. Jill stayed home because she still felt crummy, but she didn't miss much. Melanie loved every minute of it though.

Thursday we went to our favorite Thanksgiving restaurant. It's called Rafain and it's one of those brazilian places where they give you all the meat you can eat. We ate everything except turkey!! It's so much better than cooking all day. The rest of the day we hung out and played games.

I finally got a picture of Jill in here.

Friday we worked on homework. Ryan had a book report pictured below. It was from the book "Tunnels" we had to make a diorama out of a cereal box.
Melanie's homework was to make a sleigh. This was more fun, but I'm getting a little tired of the homework that parents mostly have to do :-) At least I got to use my glue gun multiple times this week, life is good when you get to use a glue gun.

Jill's project was to make a movie, luckily I didn't have to get involved in that one. No way to use my glue gun so I'm not much help. Ryan ordered a new skateboard and got it on Friday. Here he is. He wanted a picture before it got all beat up. He gave his best friend his old skateboard which I thought was pretty nice of him.
Saturday we put up the Christmas decorations. Since we won't be here for Christmas I did the minimalist decorations. We put up the small tree and it's up to the kids to make decorations for it. Here is Ryan's star, a collage of skateboard stuff. It'll be interesting to see what gets put on there throughout the next few weeks.
We put the tree in the Sunshine's favorite corner and it has not deterred her one bit. Even with the obnoxious music coming from Melanie's climbing santa, she still insists on being back there. You can see her in the back in the picture below. I'm not fighting her since I don't have any decorations on the tree.
Last night Melanie wanted to sleep under the tree also. I didn't think she would actually do it, but here she is fast asleep. I thought for sure she would wake up in the middle of the night and come into my room, but she slept there all night long. Mark didn't know she was sleeping under there and found a fun present under the tree this morning.
We have to go back to real life tomorrow. I've really enjoyed sleeping in every morning. But that will come to an abrupt end at 5:30 tomorrow morning. Oh well, we only have to make it for 3 weeks and then we get to take another break.

No comments: