Okay, I just had to write about this before I forgot it. Melanie and Ryan were playing together and Ryan wanted to go outside and throw his baseball. Melanie of course wanted to go to, but he told her that she really needed a baseball glove so she didn't get hurt. So she came up to me and said, "Mom, where is the baseball mitten?" It was so cute. After looking for a while and not finding one she came back and asked if she could use her pink mittens that she uses when it snows. I said yes, not realizing why and she said,"great, but I only need one." I looked outside and she had a pink baseball mitten and was playing catch.
One more cute thing from her. (She's had a good week :) Were driving home from school and she asked me what a camelwatch was. I couldn't hear her very well so I asked her what she was saying. She clearly said what was a camel watch. I of course said I don't know where did you get that? She said from the sign. So I'm thinking what signs did we just pass so I asked her if it was Cross Walk and she said no it was watch. So I said watch for children? No watch was last. After a while I finally came up with Crime Watch. We have crime watch signs in the neighborhood. She said, "Oh I was wondering because there aren't that many camels around here." I just cracked up because it wasn't there aren't any camels, just not that many. Then of course I had to explain what crime was. Learning to read is so much fun!!
So long, farewell.
6 years ago

1 comment:
Oh, Mellie is so cute. Wish we lived nearer but it seems the closest we will get is New Mexico.
Anyway, I've been doing cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. Last week I did the bottom ones, today starts the upper ones. I did one so far, it's somewhat a pain since I have to cut the shelf paper in order for it to fit, as it's too long, which was almost too short for the drawers. Have to stand on the step stool to reach the upper two shelves.
Give Mellie a kiss from her grandma porter.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment