On Tuesday we got up early and went to Busch Gardens. I made the kids wear shoes and socks and within an hour of arriving they were completely soaked. We had to go and buy some flipflops. The park wasn't very crowded so we got to ride several things without any lines. After a while we were starving so we went and ate lunch at the only sit down restaurant...which was very slow..but had good food. We go and ride more rides...and then want to do the Rhino Rally which we did earlier and had so much fun. It says 1/2 hour wait...so we decide to stand in line. An hour later we were just about to board and a lightning storm comes. After another hour we finally give up since Mellie has to go to the bathroom. We come out of the bathroom and the sun is shining and all the rides are going again...It figures. We want to go see the magic show so we ask for directions...we get sent on a wild goose chase...and the rain comes back. We walk in a huge loop around the park in the pouring rain...but finally get to the magic show just as it's starting. We really enjoyed the magic show. It was a singing magician, something we had never seen before. His magic wasn't great...but his singing was really funny.
The next day we hung around the hotel while Mark had a meeting and then back to Busch Gardens again. We got to ride stuff we missed...and of course more rain. This picture is from the little bird aviary where you could feed the birds. I was too cheap to buy the nectar so the kids didn't get to hold any birds. But we got to get really close to some.
On our drive from Tampa to Orlando we saw this rainbow. For all the rain we got it was nice we saw one rainbow.
Ryan thought this phone booth was the coolest thing ever.
On Friday I had planned to go see an old friend of mine. So I got up and spent the day without the family. I had a wonderful time. Oops...I guess I'm not supposed to say that :-) But it's good to get a break from the family every once in a while. Mark and the kids got to go to Disney Interactive for the day. It was a little busy because of the rain...but I know at least Ryan loved it. They picked me up and off we went back to Tampa.
Saturday we picked up Jill from EFY. She had a great week. Then we were off to Atlanta to go see my Grandma and Grandpa. We had gotten word that Grandpa was diagnosed with cancer and was in the hospital so we wanted to go and visit him. We drove all day and got up to their house around 6:00. We got to spend time with Grandma that evening.
Sunday we got up, did laundry and went to the hospital to see Grandpa. He was in great spirits. They thought he would spend a month in the hospital, but instead he was getting out in a couple hours. He was so excited. I don't know his prognosis, but he is very happy and that is what matters. After we left the hospital we headed for home. I wanted to continue our trip, but Mark and Jill had had enough.
We drove all the way to Shreveport, LA and spent the night there. I got eaten alive by mosquitos just bringing the stuff in from the car. The next morning we got up...let the kids swim and headed home. We were home by around 2:00. Our air conditioning wasn't on so the house was 96 degrees when we walked into the house. It took all night to finally cool down. We had a great vacation. We didn't get to all the places we planned, but had fun regardless.

1 comment:
Glad to see you finally wrote something. Sounds like you had fun. We are taking a trip down to Georgia by car to Grandma and Grandpa. Just thought we needed to but Jeff planned this at the spur of the moment and we're leaving tomorrow, Thursday. Of course he didn't tell me until after I did the weeks shopping. Such fun. Will take a Cooler with veggies and fruit that won't make the week we are gone.
Glad Jill went to EFY and had fun.
Oh, Melanie's birthday. What to give her? Let me know although we won't be home till sometimes late next week. Love, Mom
Post a Comment