Friday, October 3, 2008

My First Blog

Everyone I know except for me seems to have a blog lately. So I thought I would give it a try. I thought it might be a great way for the family to keep up with us and our pictures easily. So here goes.

Melanie has been begging for me to post up some pictures of her latest hairstyles. Every night after her bath we go online and look at someone else's blog to get an idea of how to do her hair. She has been the talk of her school with all her cute hairstyles. Here are a couple pictures:





Ryan has started swimming. He is on a great swim team and swims at least 4 days a week. I don't have any pictures yet, but will post them when I remember to take them. He has already competed in a meet and did really well. He never came in last in a race and that was the goal!! He is by far the fastest in his practice group.








Jill has been loving high school. She has joined the debate team and is going to do some public speaking. She competed last week and did great for her first time. She had to compete against people who had been doing it for a couple years and so she got to learn a lot.











I have been sewing away making more purses. My friend is going to have a booth at a craft show and she said she would sell my purses there. It will be interesting to see how they do. I don't have high hopes for them, but whatever doesn't I can give away to my friends, because they all love my purses!! I did sell this one right after I made it. I took it to church to see if anyone liked the design and someone bought it on the spot.


I have also turned into a chauffeur. With each kid in one or two activities our schedules are tight. The hardest part is trying to get dinner on the table. Luckily, no kids are home during the day and it is nice and quiet for a few hours.

Mark is busy working away as usual. Lucky for me he gets up early and takes Jill to seminary. I wasn't a big fan of the 5:30 am alarm clock. And for some reason we weren't thinking when we had these kids so far apart so we will be doing the seminary run for 12 years.

Well this isn't too hard, although the pictures are tricky. Maybe I'll get good at it and be able to keep the family updated on our daily goings on.

2 comments:

Benno said...

Wow, Melanie's hair-do's are awesome! I'm impressed!

none said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for inviting me to read your blog. Can you re-send me your mailing adress? I'll send you guys a DVD of our wedding pix. Thanks for coming.
Things are good here. Nancy and I are in the process of closeing on a house and we are looking at st. bernards wich we're excited about.
When you have time you should check out some of the documentaries I've been doing for work. at: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1600330c9QNytwJ and http://www.veoh.com/videos/v13729117mbZbE9b My e-mail is bigtuffdane@yahoo.com