Monday, October 6, 2008

A Week in the Life of Me - Day 1 Monday

I have always wanted to document the mundane things that happen each day for a week, but have never gotten around to it. I'm sure it will be very boring to anyone reading this, but I think I would love reading it later. Since this is way easier then scrapbooking I figured that it would be a great place to do it. The great thing is if you are bored you can just leave :-)

So this morning started out as usual with the alarm going off at 5:30. Mark and I took bets on whether Jill would wake up for seminary or not. We figured not so back to sleep we went. (We were right). At 6:45 a child woke me up and I had to figure out if it was Mellie or Ryan before I gave them a cheery good morning since Ryan doesn't like to be called Mellie for some reason. It was Mellie dressed and ready for breakfast. She wasn't wearing what we had picked out so we had to modify her outfit a bit, but then we were off to breakfast. I realized it was raining outside and Ryan had to be to school early for flag duty. I was stressing about how I was going to get Mellie ready in time, then Ryan luckily had a clearer head than I noted that since it was raining there would be no flag duty. Okay, back on schedule. After we ate I did her hair.



As I was taking the pictures of Mellie, Ryan complained that he was cuter and I need to take pictures of him too!!
So I got Ryan and Mellie to school and came back to pick up Jill and take her to school. Luckily we left a little early because of the rain there was a lot of traffic. Got her to school and went to the gym where I worked out for about an hour. I hurt my back last week and so this was the first time I did weights in a couple days, but all was okay and I'm back on my routine. Next home to check my email and get a shower. Then off to Costco and Target. On my way I realized that I really needed new wipers. I was going to stop and get them, but the guy always puts them on for me and I feel so bad that he has to do it in the rain. Yes, I only get new wipers in the rain, go figure :-) So I thought I would wait until it stopped raining, my wipers weren't that bad. I got on the highway and immediately regretted my decision. But on we go. I got gas at Costco, only 3.29 per gallon, I filled my entire tank for under $50. I think that is a record!!

After Costco and Target I came home and unloaded the van and put everything away. It was 1:30 and I was starving and so I got out my Hummus and Target Sushi which I love. The sushi was mushy and the hummus made me sick. So not so good a lunch. No big deal, I can have cereal later. My favorite anyway. After lunch I sat down and worked for a little bit and then went to pick up the kids. Luckily it stopped raining and it was very nice out. The kids got a snack and started on their homework while I worked some more. At 4:30 it was time for swimming. I got Ryan ready and Mellie dressed in her dance clothes and off to swimming we went.
This is Ryan doing the butterfly. It's really hard to get a great picture with the camera delay. I took a ton of pictures and none came out how I wanted. I'm sure you will see tons of similar pictures over the next few months so eventually I will get a good one. As soon as we got settled at swimming Jill calls and I have to go get her at school. She stays after on Monday's for debate club. So I left Mellie at swimming with a friend and went to go get Jill. Back to swimming to watch Ryan. He's doing very well. In fact his coach wants him to move up to the next team, but he is a little hesitant because that coach works them out really hard. She said she would ask him again in a couple weeks. I think he will go then. About half way through swimming my friend takes Mellie and her daughter off to dance. I stay and get her son and Ryan and then take them up to the dance studio.

These pictures are through a window so it's hard to get a good picture of her dancing. She had her usual teacher again after having a sub last week and loved it. She did not like that sub. Her favorite part though is at the end of the lesson they get to slide on the floor. All the girls think that is the greatest thing ever. Luckily tights aren't too expensive!!
After dance we all run home and I cook up a quick dinner. Love Costco rotisserie chicken for that one. Chicken and a salad and another try at the sushi and we have a great dinner. Ryan was for once starving and couldn't get enough chicken. I may actually have to start feeding him now that he swims so much. He told me they did a fitness test that they do every year and he usually struggles through and he did great. He was the only one who could do the maximum of 75 sit ups and he said he wasn't even tired. Maybe I should swim, too bad I don't like the water much.

After dinner I got Mellie in the bath, finished working, got Ryan to bed then did Mellie's hair. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow. It's pretty wild. It's 10:30 and time for bed.

No comments: