After I came home I didn't have any errands to run so I worked on the computer, cleaned the house and folded lots of laundry. Oh what I would do for an automatic laundry folder. I've tried to teach the kids, but I think they don't do it very well on purpose. Next I got to make a purse. It didn't come out quite like I envisioned it, but it did pretty well. During the time I made the purse I also made some homemade chicken noodle soup. Oh and some lunch too. I had pasta with some yummy wild mushroom pesto I picked up at Whole Foods last week.
After I finished the purse, it was time to get the kids. The weather was absolutely beautiful outside today, but I didn't have enough time to walk. I don't think it got above 80, I was so excited to wear a long sleeved shirt. Speaking of shirts I tried on a long sleeved shirt I ordered from Shade a month or so ago. I love their shirts, but had never gotten a shirt like this before. It was the size I always get, but the sleeves were made for people that have toothpicks for arms. Luckily I have a daughter that fits that description so she got a new shirt today. Although I just realized why she was less than thrilled with it. It's pink. Oh also while I made the soup and the purse I sewed the bow back on Mellie's ballet skirt. She wouldn't wear it since the bow fell off. I was reminded about how Jill at this age had to have all the bows cut off her clothing or she wouldn't wear it. Oh how different my girls are. It makes life a lot more fun. I also got the fabric for Mellie's halloween costume in the mail today. I can't wait to make it, hopefully I will have a picture of a cute costume in the next couple of days.Tuesday is our only weekday without swimming so I try to make a nice dinner. We had some wonderful steaks and I made a chimichurri sauce out of the basil I grow in my kitchen. (This post is really making me sound so domestic. Too bad it's mostly an illusion :) After dinner I gave Mellie a bath and did her hair. Look for pictures tomorrow. Speaking of Mellie's hair I had the school secretary meet me outside after school today. She said she kept hearing about this kindergartener who had cute hair, but she never gets out of the office so she didn't know who it was. Today Mellie was in the office and the secretary was looking at her hair and asking her name. She finally put two and two together and had to come talk to me about it. Mellie now has to go in the office every morning before school to show off her hair. Talk about pressure on me!!
After all that, Ryan had a free gymnastic lesson we won at a fundraiser last spring. He wanted to get some time on the trampolines and work on a back flip to do off the diving board.

2 comments:
I love the pictures. Keep up the good work! And Mellie's hairdo's continue to be outstanding!
Hey, I just noticed that this was earlier this month. You gave up on Tuesday! No Wednesday, etc... Sigh. I guess it was a lot of work with the pics, etc. I certainly don't have that time.
Ben
Post a Comment